AMIA and the California HealthCare Foundation challenged applicants to show how they are overcoming real-world challenges in health care through operational and applied clinical informatics initiatives. The six finalists for the "iDeas that Work" Competition (http://www.ihealthconference.org) will take the stage for a demonstration of their product and to answer questions from a distinguished panel of health care innovators and entrepreneurs.
- Noah Craft, MD, PhD, Art Papier, MD, Logical Images and University of Rochester College of Medicine and Dentistry: Data Visualization Strategy Leads to the First Widely Used Diagnostic Clinical Decision Support System
- Rimma Pivovarov, MA, Hojjat Salmasian, MD, Gregory Hruby, MA, Daniel Fort, MA, Nancy Chang, MD, Robert Sideli, MD, David Vawdrey, PhD, Columbia University Medical Center: Creating, Implementing, and Evaluating an Automated Solution to Enhance Continuity of Care
- Nina Lundberg, Karolinska Institute: My Healthcare Flows
- Akansh Murthy, Mark Singh, MD, Vishnu Ravi, Hermes Clinical: A System for Digitizing and Prioritizing Clinical Data with Options for Immediate Follow-up
- Yalini Senathirajah, PhD, SUNY Downstate Medical Center: MedWISE: User-composable Approaches to Healthcare Systems
- Qing Zeng-Treitler, PhD, Joshua Proulx, BS, Brent Hill, MS, RN, Carrie Christensen, BA, Bruce Bray, MD, University of Utah: HeartsLikeMine: Personalized Support for Shared Decision Making Using a Large Clinical Data Repository